1. GENERAL PRINCIPLES
We categorize information about you (collectively referred to as 'personal information') as follows:
- (1a) Profiling information: Information which you provide when you register for a service, which may include some or all of the following:
- -(1a-i) Information about your personal identity such as age, gender, marital status and location;
- -(1a-ii) Financial information such as your banking details and any information related to your income and lifestyle levels; and
- -(1a-iii) Contact details such as your physical and postal addresses, telephone and fax numbers and your email ids.
- (1b) Payment and account information: Your account history with us including (without limitation) all billing information and communications and payment history. We maintain this in encrypted form on secure servers.
- (1c) Service usage: Information about your navigation behavior, for example the URLs of websites that you visit and from which you request downloads.
- (1d) Log information: Information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, date and time of request.
- (1e) Transactional information: Transactional history (other than banking details) about your e-commerce activities.
- (1f) Correspondence information: Content, information about your correspondents, and the destination/origin of communications between you and any other person using our services, which may include email communication, blogs, chat room and discussion board communications, instant message communications, expert forum communications, fax communications, membership of mailing lists etc.
- (1g) User IDs: Your user names, passwords, email addresses and other security-related information used by you in relation to our services.
- (1h) Stored information: Data, created either by you or by a third party, which you wish to store on our servers, such as image files or documents.
We collect your personal information only to conduct our own business and to improve the efficiency of our services. We undertake never to sell your personal information to any third party or otherwise trade on it. However we reserve the right to use this information, including (without limitation), its sale to third parties, in an aggregated format that will not disclose your personal identity.
Information, which is disclosed publicly, is also shared with our affiliates, third party service providers, sponsors of competitions etc. unless expressly stated otherwise. We are not liable to you or any third party for any damages that you or any third party may suffer as a result of your disclosure of personal information in any public domain. You accordingly disclose information in a public domain at your own risk.
2. RIGHT TO COLLECT
- (2a) We collect your profiling and account information for the following reasons:
- -(2a-i) We need your identity details, contact details, banking information and account history to manage our relationship with you and provide the desired level of services to you. We will only disclose this information as indicated below.
- -(2a-ii) We use some of your personal information in an aggregated form to compile statistical and demographical profiles for our business and marketing activities. We reserve the right to share such information, provided that the information is in an aggregated form and cannot be used or interpreted in such a manner as to disclose your identity.
- (2b) We collect and store your service usage and transactional information to:
- -(2b-i) Determine and verify the service charges payable by you and to manage our relationship with you.
- -(2b-ii) Comply with any statutory or regulatory requirement.
- -(2b-iii) Compile statistical and demographical profiles about you for our business and marketing activities and to personalize our services to you. While we are entitled to use such information about you for our own internal business purposes without limitation, we will only share it in an aggregated form which is not capable of being used or interpreted in such a manner as to disclose your identity; and
- -(2b-iv) Monitor your use of our services for the purposes of ensuring compliance with our Terms and Conditions.
- (2c) We collect and store your correspondence information and personal identifiers to:
- -(2c-i) Comply with our obligations under law; and
- -(2c-ii) Monitor your use of our services in order to ensure your compliance with our Terms and Conditions.
Any personal information which we collect and which we may use in an aggregated format so as to ensure that you are not individually identified is our property. We may use it at our sole discretion and without any compensation to you, for any legitimate purpose including (without limitation) its commercial sale to third parties.
Sometime we use 'cookies' so that we can provide you with more customized information when you return to our website. Cookies are used to store user preferences and to track user trends, so as to enhance your interactive experience and generally improve our services to you. You can set your browser to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. If you do accept a cookie, you thereby agree to our use of any personal information collected by us using that cookie.
You may update your profiling information at any time on the website.
You acknowledge and agree that in the interests of improving personalization and service efficiency, we may, under controlled and secure circumstances, share your personal information with our affiliates (any entity which is our subsidiary or a holding company or a subsidiary of our holding company or an entity which controls, is controlled by or is under common control with us).
3. GENERAL EXCEPTIONS
We may be required to intercept, disclose, monitor and/or store your personal information
- (3a) By law,
- (3b) To conduct our business,
- (3c) To secure our systems,
- (3d) To enforce our own rights,
In such situations, we undertake to do so in a manner prescribed by law.
Such interception, disclosure, monitoring and storage may take place without your knowledge. In all cases, we will not be liable to you or any third party for any damages howsoever arising from such interception, disclosure, monitoring and storage. In order to ensure that all our users comply with our Terms and Conditions, we may monitor your personal information to the extent that this may be required to determine compliance and/or to identify instances of non-compliance. To ensure that the security and integrity of our services are safeguarded, we may monitor your personal information. This monitoring may include (without limitation) the filtering of incoming and outgoing electronic data messages to identify, limit and/or prevent the transmission of spam, viruses and/or unlawful, defamatory, obscene or otherwise undesirable material or content.
We may, under certain circumstances, procure an element of our services from a third party service provider. To the extent that it may be necessary, and solely for the purposes of providing the service to you, you agree that we may disclose to such a third party any of your personal information that may be necessary for the procurement of services from that third party.